St. Pius V, after calling on all of Europe to pray to Our Lady for victory, miraculously witnesses from his window the destruction of the Ottoman fleet at the Battle of Lepanto, on October 7, 1571, a victory won by the power of the rosary. The Battle of Lepanto was at first celebrated liturgically as “Our Lady of Victory.” Later, the feast of October 7th was renamed “Our Lady of the Rosary” and extended throughout the Universal Church by Pope Clement XI in 1716.
Fall at The Formation House…
the view of Glen Morris from the top of our meadow.
The pond just behind the Formation House
The fullness of joy is to behold God in everything – St. Catherine of Genoa